Even More Books!

Okay so post number five of the year regarding reading...bear with me. If only I were doing this well on any of my other resolutions. Young adult fantasy has always been a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine, and I absolutely have the tendency to blaze through everything an author has ever written in a week by giving up basically everything else including sleeping and eating when I get into one of these phases. Though I think these were maybe a little more adult than young adult, Sarah J. Maas's books (all seven of them) absolutely fell into this category for me. The first five were of the Throne of Glass series. There were some novellas too, but I'm not really counting those. The story is very strong, fast paced (except the third book, which I have to say was kind of a drag), and keeps you on your toes, not to mention I think this series has one of my all time favorite female fictional characters in it (Manon Blackbeak). Overall, I would highly recommend (most of) this series, especially if you like this genre, though you might consider waiting a year until it's finished because the suspense will kill you.
Next up, was the two books in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series that are out so far. I actually though that A Court of Thorns and Roses was really slow, cliche and kind of boring until about the last 50 pages, which made me anticipate something better for book two, and oh boy, A Court of Mist and Fury did. not. disappoint. Again, I think I've added a new all-time favorite character (Rhysand) to my list, and much of the plot (though it progressed a little too quickly in places) and the characters' motivations were truly well written. The book even went so far as to properly explain away some of the plot points in the first book that I was most disappointed with. So, overall, I would highly recommend the second book in this series, and I suppose you'll have to read the first one for context. I am looking forward to the next one in this series more so than in the Throne of Glass series, actually, as the plot really thickened by the end there.

And now I'm at 15 books, with a month to go! :)

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...