A Series of Unfortunate Events

Did any of you read these books when you were younger? A Series of Unfortunate Events used to be one of my favorite series, but sadly before I could get to the end (pun definitely intended), too much time had passed between the releases and I found that I had lost interest just enough that I didn't finish them.

Just before the holidays, however, I found out that a work friend had the complete set, and couldn't pass up the chance to re-read and finally finish this beloved series. There are definitely some aspects of the style that I find mildly annoying as an adult and the font size seems comically large, but more or less, re-reading them has been as charming and pleasant as I remembered; overall, a wonderful experience (contrary to what the author tells you at the beginning of each book). And hey, now, even if I don't read another book all year, I can still truthfully say I read ten books this year!

Do you have books you go back and revisit?

Comments

  1. I do notice that about books I used to read. I think I found a bunch of animorph books and read a few of them a couple of years ago.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the series, but have not ever read any of them. I may have to look into these.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...