On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink

We don't date friends' ex-boyfriends. 
You can only tie your hair in a ponytail once a week. 
It's just, like, the rules of feminism.

Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the movie Mean Girls. Naturally, I wore a little pink as it was a Wednesday. All day I had friends quoting the movie to me on various platforms and it made me feel so old. Ten years?! What the hell happened to all that time? It's weird that there are teenagers out there who have no idea about this movie. That didn't grow up with Tina Fey's classic advice, "You've got to stop calling each other sluts and whores. It just makes it okay for guys to call you sluts and whores." I wish I could say how on point this movie was about a lot of high school experiences around my time, even though not entirely accurate to my own (I somehow got lucky in a lot of ways). It's one of my favorite movies ever, written by some of my favorite women and I will never forget the lessons I learned from Mean Girls. Here's to ten years, and many many more!

Comments

  1. ugh! you think YOU feel old...mean girls was too "young" for me...i totally missed it....i was of the breakfast club/clueless era....but thank you ....now i know where the "we wear pink on wednesdays" line now comes from...

    kisses to you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...