Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

WONDERFUL NEWS!!

Some of you have already heard, I'm sure, but an announcement recently on JK Rowling's website details the writer's screenwriting debut for a film series of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Supposedly it will follow the "author" of the book, Newt Scamander, from New York through his writing of the text.
One of my favorite things about the Harry Potter universe is the level of thought Rowling put into history and details about the wizarding world, and Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch Through the Ages were like a dream come true for my nerdy need to know more background about things like wizard sports, history, politics, etc. I.e. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!! I'm not sure how much I trust Warner Brothers not to screw this up, but with Rowling writing the screenplay herself, I at least have to hope they will be better than the HP movies (which, don't get me wrong, are decent, but didn't do a great job of capturing the tone of the books).

Comments

  1. I heard about this today and I'm so excited! :)I agree with you that the movies weren't as great as the book, hopefully they will do a better job!

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by and you lovely words!
    xo Jessica

    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. im a fan of her harry potter book series :) i like the realm she created in those books too. im excited for this. ps. for a sec there i thought the title was " Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them." lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, oh man, I had to scroll up and make sure I hadn't made a typo! How embarrassing would that have been?

      Delete
  4. i'm sure you'll give us a movie review after you see it, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...