Best Coast Weekend

A few weeks ago, I visited northern California for a friend's wedding. There were the added perks of seeing two of my absolute best friends from college that I hadn't seen in a year and getting to be in one of the best cities in the world. I had a day in SF, where I got to see the Transamerica building up close, enjoy a coffee and some crocheting in Union Square, see some old friends and get green chile apple pie, and visit the birthplace of Beat poetry, City Lights Bookstore!







Then the next day was the actual wedding, which I was supposed to be attending with one of aforementioned besties. In classic Mugdha-Loni fashion, we both assumed the other person would have brought the invitation and ended up with our other friend driving us around lost for over an hour. After about half a million frantic calls to basically everyone we knew, a trip to the hotel guests were staying at, and then playing Jenga in a random bar until someone called us back, we finally made it to the reception, and nobody seemed to mind too too much that we were ridiculously, epicly late....and embarrassed. It was nuts, but I wouldn't have expected any less of an adventure from my best friends.


Amidst all the madness, I still managed to have some totally kickass real Mexican food, see some wonderful people, and even get a tiny bit of work done.

Till the next time, best coast!

Comments

  1. looks so gorgeous and so so much fun!!

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mugdha, i adore san francisco! i can so relate to getting lost, and missing the date of arrival. at least you got there. plus you had fun in the process. it's all about enjoying the journey, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been to San Fran once for a few hours - I so want an excuse to go back to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures look beautiful. I love all of the sunshine. And the pie looks yummy.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...