Birthday Ballet!

About 2 weeks ago, it was my birthday. Normally, my birthday is a BFD, but I was in such a rush moving things into storage, getting vaccinated for yellow fever and typhoid, and packing for Durban, that I completely forgot to write about it! The boy was visiting and, after not as much convincing as I thought it would take, agreed to go to the ballet with me!
Let me tell you, I love the ballet. As I get older, you can bet that I'm gonna be one of those people that goes so often the theater knows my name. The production we went to see was Giselle. A classic, and I'd never seen it before! My favorite thing about ballet is the precision. I enjoy the super-synchronized movements and, having done a little ballet myself, appreciate how difficult some of the moves are that seem so effortless and graceful. It was a wonderful birthday if there ever was one (plus, I got to get all dressed up and see N in a suit)! And afterward, we hung out in downtown Raleigh for a bit and had the most delicious desserts and wine. Couldn't have asked for more.

Comments

  1. I love the ballet too. I had never been until last year. Now I have been 3 times and I cannot wait to go back.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I got all wrapped up in thinking about the ballet. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! I have never been to the ballet but I was JUST thinking about how much I would like to go. Someday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...