9.23.2012

Tea Tree Oil


Around some time in April, one of my friends introduced me to the Tea Tree line of products from The Body Shop. Now, I've gotta say that I haven't tried them all (as all together they come out a bit pricey for my poor college budget), but the ones I have tried have been amazing!

The face wash always leaves my face feeling clean and fresh (and has that kind of cool tingly feeling, which I love). It does a pretty decent job of washing off makeup and I've been using it multiple times a day and it hasn't been drying out my skin, which was a major problem I had with other skin-clearing lines. And then the lotion is just as good. I've found a little goes a long way, and it doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or cake-y later. I wish it had a little spf in it, but that's it. Also, it's travel size so you can bring it along on trips! So A+ and A.

Tea tree oil is supposed to be a natural antibiotic and anti-inflammatory, and though I wouldn't use it every day (it's strong!), it's certainly been doing wonders for making prominent blemishes look less so. I'm still trying to find a good balance with this stuff though. Too often makes my skin feel dry, but not often enough makes it feel like it's not as effective. We'll see. B

I sampled this at first because I was a little hesitant to buy a giant tub of mask if I wasn't totally sure I was going to like it, but this mask has been wonderful! As with the other products, it feels kind of tingly, a little goes a long way, and my skin feels extremely refreshed after I use it! I always notice a decrease in redness after that I haven't always seen with other products. A+

Disclaimer: I am not being paid or compensated in any way by anyone for my review of this product. All opinions are my own.

5 comments:

  1. i am a huge fan of tea tree oil.
    we use it to clean the house....
    get an empty squirt bottle {like a windex bottle,} fill it with 6 oz of tea tree oil, and the rest with purified water.
    it's a natural home cleanser. the house smells delicious.
    love,
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products sound amazing. I will have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a few tea tree oil products from China a while ago and I've been using them. I don't love them, but I haven't been using them regularly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...