9.06.2012

Butterfly Wall

Apologies for the absence! That thing with spilling coffee on my computer turned out to be a bigger deal, and my computer spent the long weekend being fixed (for free though!) while I visited a friend! Perhaps I haven't mentioned, but my new room is huge. As such, I've been trying to find things to put on my very large, very white walls that can be done on basically $0 budget. One of my solutions was borrowed (read: blatantly pilfered) from a dear college suitemate who made these all the time, so here goes, picto style.
Square paper (I used magazines) in two sizes, folded in half.
Zig-zag fold both pieces.
Cut a small piece of thin wire.
Align the points of both pieces and tie with wire.
Leave a little piece so you can tape it up, and pull edges to fan out.

My new wall! Might add some more as time permits!
Let me know what you think!

9 comments:

  1. That looks like so much work. Really pretty though. I think you can do cranes (Relay, right?) and cut out block letters from fashion magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guarantee that I would screw this up. I'm not creative at all!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh mugdha, it's so beautiful! i bet it makes you smile whenever you look at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh. The butterflies look so beautiful! What a great and simple DIY :) Also, sorry to hear about your computer! That's just awful :(

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the computer mishap...getting it fixed for free is awesome! Love the butterfly:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These butterflies are awesome - what a modern and unique way to dress up a wall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...