3.08.2012

Nail Art

I go through periods of my life where I become super obsessed with doing my nails. Unfortunately for you all, I'm pretty sure I have the most unphotogenic hands ever to grace the earth, so I refuse to ever post pictures/tutorials of my nails. But, because I love to do fun things with them and I've gotten kind of good at it from years of practicing, I will share pictures of some of my favorite designs I've done to date! Again, hands/nails not mine, but if you want to try any of them feel free to ask me for tips!


Monarch Butterfly Nails


Glitterbomb Tips


Konad Patterned


I've done about a million variations of this one.


Lines and Stripes

Most of the time, though, my go to color is just a clean and crisp plain bright red. Maybe sometimes with some dots. Sadly, I have the habit of waiting until my nail polish looks atrocious to change it, but I think some of my diligence in patterning should make up for that, right? Cool.

4 comments:

  1. i'd look at a tutorial on any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had more in common that I thought! I love doing nail art too, and have always wanted to try that butterfly wing design. My go-to color is also red! Do you prefer darker reds, bright ones, or in-between shades? Right now, I have on 'Big Apple Red' by OPI. It's an excellent shade if you love bright reds. :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer brighter for every day because they look better with my skin tone, but darker for more formal things. Protip on the butterfly design: do your right hand first if you're a righty. it's easier not to screw it up that way!

      Delete
  3. omg are all those pics of your own nails?! you are severely talented!

    xxoo
    www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...