Happy Mother's Day!

One of my favorite memories of my mom is her reading to me when I was little. She'd tuck me in all warm and comfy and then she'd read me a story. And then, if I still wasn't asleep she'd turn off the light, pat my back lightly, and whisper little shloks (short prayers) until my little eyes had closed and my breathing evened.


Of the stories we read, one of my favorites was always this one. I mean, everyone knows the famous main verse. But when we got to the part about the little boy's sick mommy, I'd always stop my mom and let me read the part where he sings to her. By the time I could actually read it, I basically had this book memorized. So, to my mommy, who I can't be with today,



"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My mommy you'll be."

Comments

  1. Awww!

    I really enjoyed that book too, but my parents never read it to me. I read it myself. I always thought the last page, where the son is holding his mother to be very... scary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too old for this book, but my mom read it to my little sisters ALL the time. She quotes it to us constantly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...