Going Separate Ways

I'm not usually into celebrity news (Glee excluded), and one might even see fit to call me "behind the times" on why it's such a big freaking deal what every celebrity ever is doing in their lives, but this news really made me sad. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver have announced a divorce.


She's a beauty, not to mention a strong, successful woman, and well, he was the Governator! Granted, he made some terrible governing decisions, but that aside, they were my absolute favorite power couple for a long time. I remember, a while back, I'd read some of her books, and while the advice was sometimes cliche, they were nonetheless interesting and upbeat and told her story beautifully. I'd watch interviews and documentaries on her with my mom (also a big fan), and her experience as a Kennedy and what the name means to her is really striking. And then, of course, there's "Ah-nold." I mean, maybe he screwed California, but really, the guy's kind of awesome. Or used to be. I think maybe politics sucks the life out of you. Maybe he'll be back.*

All in all, after 25 years of marriage, and some truly good times (from what it looks like), it makes me really sad to see them split. I think I would feel this same kind of loss if say, a distant aunt and uncle got divorced. Kind of a damper on my outlook on eternal love and marriage and stuff. Guess I'll just have to hope for the best with Klaine.

*Excuse my lame attempts at humor. I had an exam today.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...