Tsunami Tragedy

I was going to do a normal post, but I've been seriously distracted by the news all morning and I felt like this was more important. As I'm sure most of you know, northern Japan was hit with a tsunami after an 8.9 magnitude earthquake.
The earthquake and tsunami have caused immeasurable damage thus far, and Japan continues to be at risk for further damage as a result of aftershocks and a possible follow-up quake. Hawaii got hit, though not as hard, and even California was put on advisory this morning. I thought I had it bad when I was woken up at 5 this morning with calls from my frantic parents, but I have friends with family in these areas, some of who haven't heard from their loved ones yet, and I can't even imagine what that must be like. I truly hope that they do hear positive news soon. Japan is in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you guys are keeping it in yours as well.

Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...