We Are All Born Superstars


I am a great big ball of excitement and scurrying around today! We leave on this trip tonight, so I have about a million things to do, but the most important thing is that Lady Gaga's new single "Born This Way" was just released today!! I even gave in and bought it from iTunes (despite their evil DRM policies). The song's all about being yourself and staying true under pressure. Now, I've met a lot of people who dislike her music, and I'm not going to try and convince anyone otherwise, but this is why I like her. She is new, original, and completely different. I'm not comparing her music to Madonna or anything, but you've gotta admit, that for my generation, we haven't seen an act so fresh and out there since Madonna! Second, yes, she's crazy when it comes to some of the things she says and her attire, but I think without those, she wouldn't be so unique. Some of the lyrics, I will admit, are awful, but hey, you gotta give something to make it big in pop, and pop lyrics are usually the most compromised. Last, but certainly not least, I truly think she's got an amazing voice. The acoustic sets and some of her less mainstream music really show that. Thus, I leave you all (for the weekend) with a clip of my favorite Gaga song to date:

No Floods - Lady Gaga

Enjoy your weekends!
***

Comments

  1. Agreed.

    Also, as a former piano teacher, I can say without a doubt that she has way more innate musical talent than most people give her credit for.

    I mean, sure, some people don't like her songs or voice or whatever. But I don't get the people who claim she has no musical talent. I mean, dude, look up her acoustic versions on youtube!

    She's straight-up awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Born This Way was alright, the "Don't be a drag, just be a queen" was a little silly.

    My favorite Gaga song is Speechless, but I think we've had this discussion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...