Recipe: Stuffed Mushrooms

I'm back in San Diego again (because, get this, classes started today. Yup, January 3rd, and I'm learning Mammalian Physiology and Biomedical Ethics. Yay! Anyway, what's important here is that this means no more mommy-missed-me-and-wants-to-spoil-me-with-delicious-food dinners. I have to cook for myself again. I use the term 'cook' somewhat loosely because my culinary skills leave a lot to be desired, but one of my favorite and easiest recipes are stuffed mushrooms. They're super easy, and if you make a lot of them, they'll make a perfect meal-for-one.

Ingredients: Mushrooms, 1/4 cup finely chopped Spinach, Salt, Lemon juice, Herbs (of your choice), Chili Powder, 1/4 cup finely chopped Green Onions, 2-3 slices shredded Wheat Bread, Shredded mozzarella cheese

Wash mushrooms (thoroughly; remember, they're fungi) and remove stems.


Mix the shredded bread, chopped spinach and green onions, a little bit of cheese, and add lemon juice and salt to taste. Microwave for 1:00 till cheese melts a little.


Stuff the mushrooms.


Add a little more cheese on top! Bake for 10-15 min. at 350˚F


And eat away!

They were delicious, if I do say so myself. And, for the record, my roommates thought so as well. Here's to hoping I will be cooking more often this year!

***

Comments

  1. I love mushrooms - and as far as my food tastes are concerned, every day could be Thanksgiving because I love me some stuffing too! This recipe looks yummmmm, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man those look good !! mmm I think "stuffed" is codeword for "this is going to be amazing so don't worry" .. stuffed mushrooms, peppers, naan haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made something like this the other day, only I put it in a pan. Oven sounds like a much better idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love mushrooms!one time i did something similar with tomatoes..i was starving..and just improvised!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...