A Few Poems

Sometimes, when things get tough, and I start to worry more than is productive, I like to read poetry for it's uncanny ability to make life feel less out of control. I have my favorites, which I always fall back on, including classic poems like "The Jabberwocky" for it's whimsy and "I Carry Your Heart With Me" for it's simplicity, but I also like to browse the internet and my local library for personal little poems that strike a chord. Let me share two of my recent favorites, classic and not:
“Fire and Ice” by Robert Frost
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

"Mirror" by Anonymous
I can see the pain deep inside him,
The pain he hides with lying eyes
But the truth of his bravery and courage
Intrigues me more than pretty lies.
And he continues to be my muse
In everything that he says or does
But I can't let him know he's admired
That he's a hero to the girl I was.
His every hidden pain is an echo
Of what I had before I gave up feeling
And it brings me tears that he kept it
That he hid it and that he's dealing.
He's much stronger than I'll ever be,
And I can't tell him since I lost my tongue
But if I could I'd say he was all I dreamt of
My type of hero, back when I was young.
He can still laugh and smile, and I'm empty
And cold as glass, all I can do is reflect
Like a mirror, and there's nothing to admire
About someone so blank they can't project.
But I still wish I could give him what he needs,
And I can still dream that that makes me real
I just long for the ability to say those few words
That he could've been the one to make me feel.

Comments

  1. How about the beautiful poem in this beautiful video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3M7lbsIl3k&feature=related

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...