11.10.2010

The Slopes


In the last few days, the cold weather's got me day dreaming about skiing. Being a Phoenician, seeing snow was rare. Well, in Phoenix, it was non-existent, but you know, occasionally we went places where it snowed. My earliest memory of skiing is going to Eldora resort in Aspen, Colorado when I was 7. I'd played in snow before, but there was something really beautiful about seeing a huge mountain top covered in a blanket of pure white, untouched powder. And then, I got to fly down the mountain at break-neck speed (read: pizza-position it down the bunny slope) and I was hooked. Since then, my family's gone skiing almost every year, and as winter comes closer, I start fantasizing about the next time I'll find myself blazing down a blue diamond (which, I can actually do now!).


Snoqualmie, Seattle.
Yeah, I took this on the ski lift at significant risk to my life.

It's so serene to get up at this obscenely early hour and go to a place where it's peaceful and cold and you're all bundled up. I love feeling chilly wind in my hair and on my face (well, until my nose feels like it's going to fall off from frostbite). This ski season, I want to plan a trip with some of my friends and maybe learn to snowboard. It'll be a lot of planning work, but I think it will, as always, be worth it.


Wizarding Wisdom: 8 DAYS!!
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." -Arthur Weasley

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that Snoqualmie place! I live in Seattle. I have never tried to ski. I did learn to snowboard a couple years ago and love it. Although, I gotta tell you. My first day was ALL falling. The whole day. Hard.

    After that, super fun. Just go knowing your first day might not be great. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never been snowboarding or skiing, but have always wanted to! these pictures are really great...i love how when you're standing in a spot with a ton of snow all around, it gets really quiet, kind of like there are imaginary padded walls. haha!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love to ski-we grew up on the slopes, and so did my mom, who taught my dad to ski when they first started dating. Colorado will spoil you rotten, though-the snow is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty photos....the snow is on its way here..:(

    Stop By and Say Hello♥
    Enter my Awesome ModCloth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been skiing! I will say that I am definitely ready to change this fact!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely try skiing if you haven't yet! It's easy to learn and really really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...