A Magical Vacation!

So the reason for my extended absence has mainly been that my brother and I decided it was imperative that we go to Orlando for the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

(photo from weheartit)
I grew up with Harry, having started reading the books at 8 years old. Harry Potter isn't just a kids tale to me, it's my childhood. I was always, and still am, amazed by the creativity and attention to detail Rowling had included in the books. Rowling's world is perfection! It seamlessly mixed total modernity with the age-old idea of witches and magic, which has always been absolutely mind-blowing to me. Hence, you can imagine that I was a hyperventilating, crying mess with a tacky grin plastered to my face for the majority of the trip. Evidence:

Obscenely expensive, but amazing purchases:
  • Quick Quotes Quill + Notepad (will be using to take notes in class if I ever figure out this ink thing)
  • "I must not tell lies" and "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" lanyards (already being put to use!)
  • Dark Mark, Sorting Hat, and various other key chains
  • Marauder's Map, Zonko's, and butterbeer mugs
  • Chocolate Frogs, Sugar Quills, Pumpkin Juice, Hondeydukes jar + candy, chocolate wands, and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (all were delicious!)
  • T-shirt
  • Hufflepuff tie and various things (for ditching dear daddy on father's day. Sorry!)

I may have forgotten things, but oh, the selection was to die for. Had I more money, I would have bought everything!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...