Associations

My iTunes shuffled to "Stacy's Mom" - Fountains of Wayne last night. I make really strong memory associations to certain songs (like that one), which got me thinking about which other songs I have strong associations with. I chose a select few to collage together. Little pieces of me:

Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix ft. Jay-Z - Kanye West: Takes me straight to a small room of the A-building of my high school where my debate coach once lectured us on how we could use panopticism to frame power struggle.
Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin: Sitting on the concrete by the fence of the track waiting for my mother to pick me up and staring at the sky.
Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne: A huge cabin in Prescott in 8th grade where three boys acted out the song on blow-up guitars.
Konstantine - Something Corporate: Two memories of this one. First: driving down an Arizona freeway at night during a looming thunderstorm. Second: Standing in the back of a huge crowd at Anaheim stadium bawling my eyes out watching it performed for the first time.
Ishq Kamina - Shakti: Sitting on the middle school track during some sports showcase thing, claiming it was my favorite song.
Oops! I Did It Again - Britney Spears: Chillin in a friend-I'm-no-longer-friends-with's white bedroom in 5th grade and jumping on the bed.
Drops of Jupiter - Train: Sitting at lunch "observing" a friend's crush in 6th grade.
Just a few; some of which have easily become favorites.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...