Theme Party

In a moment of brilliance, while pawing through my closet for Audrey Hepburn-esque clothing, my brain came up with a fantastic idea for the "I Wish I Were..." party I mentioned before. And so, suddenly, I was attending as a Stepford wife.

Ever since I started watching I Love Lucy and Leave It To Beaver with my mom when I was 8, a small, secret part of me has always wanted to be a housewife that cleans and cooks all day, wears pretty dresses, and lives to please her man. It seems like it'd be a nice, comfortable life during which I would have ample time to read all the books I could get my hands on. That being said, one time, in the ten minutes I had to wait for something to centrifuge in the lab, I ended up reorganizing the entire lab bench so that everything was arranged by color. I'd be bored out of my mind as a housewife. But, pretending was fun! I wore my black-with-red-polka-dots dress with a little shrug, fabulous curls and makeup (red lipstick included, of course), and a flower pin in my hair. People liked it.

Also, quick update on the new hair and face regimen: Seems to be alright. I may have screwed up the preliminary results by being ill, stressed, and hormonal all at the same time this past week. However, my face isn't greasy from the oil-cleanse, so that's a plus. And the hair's looking greasy, like it should be at this point, but it's a weird greasy; thick and unmoving. I am waiting for it to get better. I hope it gets better soon, because...quite frankly, this is disgusting. And no amount of joy at not needing hairspray on my curls is going to change that.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...