A New Day

The world looks really awesome through darkly red-tinted sunglasses. I bought these recently, because, as usual, I had lost my old pair within 6 months of having purchased it. Usually, I dislike such a dark tint, but my contact-laden eyes have gotten more light-sensitive since the Accutane, so I went for them. It's a beautiful sunny San Diego day and every thing I've looked at while walking has looked way more awesome than usual. It's full-out Photoshop tint madness! The trees with the red leaves (whose name I tried to find but was unsuccessful) look like there are flaming embers at the tip of each leaf. I realize I sound like I might be high, but this is really very cool. And it is my sense of wonder at the world that now has me skipping class to sit on a pretty little hill and read.
It's a really good thing today is gorgeous, because otherwise I would be monumentally depressed.

I am an incredibly avid fan of the Phoenix Suns, having grown up there and begun my venture into basketball watching just before Amar'e Stoudemire was selected straight out of high school to the Suns in 2002. They had a pretty good thing going then with Stephon Marbury, Shawn Marion and Amar'e making for a strong offense, but overall the team lacked a unifying driving force. The heart was missing. Then, in 2004, Steve Nash was traded to Phoenix from Dallas and everything changed. That season, the Suns had the best record in the league, but fell to the San Antonio Spurs in the conference finals, beginning one of the most intense rivalries in the league. I cried when they lost. Now, this year, with a bit of a different, but very strong, team, we finally beat them (swept 4-0!) and now we're facing another of our most challenging rivals, the infamous Lakers. Watch the clip. In the last second of last night's game, my heart just completely broke.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...