The Deathly Hallows

I always wonder if in ten years I am going to feel similarly, about my life and the things I like, to the way I do now. I know that I will always be amazed by certain things. Books, for example, and their ability to whisk one away to different places and times. This was brought on by a recent re-reading of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Similar to the first time I read this book, the end of it has left me feel oddly about the future. I like certainty and the lack of it in this case really stresses me out. I'm at a point in my life where I'm just beginning to deal with real responsibilities. I'll be 19 in about 2 weeks, I'm looking for an apartment to live in next year and one to sublet for the summer, I'm trying to plan a trip to India, I'm trying to figure out how much money I will need to save in order to pay rent and car insurance for the next year, and to top it all off, I'm trying to figure out a schedule that allows me to graduate 2 quarters early, continue working, and retain my sanity. Imagine when I have to pay bills and stuff. Somehow, I've always been of the mind that the "next phase" of my life will be better and less stressful, but I am constantly proven wrong. I need to make an appointment with my academic adviser. Or potentially a therapist. Honestly, though, how am I supposed to concentrate on six more weeks of school with things like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, reading tons of books, and India in the future?

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...