Birthdays


Today is my birthday.

I've always been a big believer in birthdays, because I was always the youngest out of my friends, and therefore, it was incredibly important for me to gain that year. I hear though, that birthdays become less and less significant and noteworthy when one gets older. It is with that sad thought in mind that I take on my next new goal. I have this bucket list of things that I want to do in my life, and I have just added this to it: Make every birthday special for yourself. Do something you really want to do. Make yourself happy, so when people ask what you did for your birthday, you can answer them with something interesting. And, even when people stop asking, you will have done something to make yourself feel like a better person. The goal for this birthday is to find the right balance of natural care for my hair and skin. New thing I'm trying: Oil-Care Method on my skin.



Last post, I talked about starting the "No 'Poo" method of hair care. So far, I've only done one wash, and I'm almost positive I used way too much baking soda, but my hair is doing alright. My hair is short right now (I donated 11 inches recently!), but pretty thick and smooth, so unless I'm planning on putting it up, I have to blow dry it. Usually, even the short hair took about 15-20 solid minutes to dry, and yesterday, I blow-dried it in 10. I don't know what exactly that means, but I like it. Also, we're going on a full day after now, and I have yet to see the signs of greasiness/flaking that I associate with needing another washing.

I also made that super-vague, dodgy statement about life decisions before, right? Some of those bad life decisions are motivating me. It's one of those strange things where I think, "Well, if I'm going to do this, then I have to overcompensate the negative stigma by being ten times better and accomplished at other things." I mean, that's a small part in why I'm making so many changes to myself recently, I think. Rationalizing? Me? Never.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...