June

June is here, and with it...summer!
Nobody is more excited than I about the boiling heat. Even though I will complain to my heart's content about being sweaty and that my hair won't do anything in the humidity, deep down, I am rejoicing that it is warm and I am happy and most importantly that there is no winter in sight for SO long! Here are some summer things I'm looking forward to!
Outdoor concerts! I'm going to see Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness and a couple other fun alternative bands on the very lawn pictured above in about a week, and I am so excited!! Nothing beats seeing a spectacular sunset to the beats of your all-time favorite songs.

Photo Cred: Tyler Coulson
Hiking! Admittedly, I am much more of a mountain hiker than a woodsy hiker, but something about shady trails in the blazing sun is pretty appealing. Also, creeks and waterfalls!
Water parks! It's a bit landlocked where I am, so I'll have to make do with some water parks or lap swimming. I generally tend to find laying out and tanning to be horribly boring and uncomfortable unless I'm deep into a book, so I prefer splashing around in the water!
Last, but certainly not least, refreshing drinks! Homemade lemonade, fruit-infused water,and I just learned a delicious recipe for a jalapeno, cilantro, and mango infused gin cocktail that I will definitely be trying soon.
What are you most excited for about the summer?!

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...